Bill Dearsley - Liquid
Maggie Hewlett ? Fleet Bar and Babylon
Tom Yan ? Mini Box
Iris Yan ? Mini Box
Ben ? Highlight/Risa
Jason Mackenzie-Swift ? Pure
Mark Fear ? Pure
Steve Hudson ? Drift in the City
Nathan Quick ? Tiger Tiger
Oscar ? The Registry
Zack ? The Terrace
Natalie Owens ? IKB
Mark Freeman ? Trafalgar
Stuart Weston ? Club 8
Dave Livingstone ? Student Union
Jez Cook ? The Guildhall
Jamie Mihoub ? Scandels
Ricky Hung ? Roast Bar
Stacey ? The White Swan
Dan Henchy ? Bar 38
Jon ? Ambulance Service
Wayne Fewings ? Police
Ellie ? Street Pastors
Alan Knobel ? Council
Neeta ? PBCRP
Mal - Yates
John ? Ambulance update
- there will be some work being done to Safe Space in the next 1-2 weeks. Toilets being put in, small kitchen area, moveable screening.
- The proper launch will happen when all this has been finished
- John now has a pub watch radio ? his call sign is Mike Alpha. Obviously use 999 first for serious issues otherwise call John on the radio.
- They will be advertising the Safe Space more with a banner outside.
- John advised that the ambulance service is changing and will be run locally by a Trust. A Trust needs a certain amount of people to join (at no cost) but you need to live in the area. John handed out leaflets for everyone so you can join if you want to.
Ellie ? Street Pastors
- The City centre is going well overall.
- The teams were slightly unsettled after the incident last month when one of the Pastors was physically assaulted but they believe it was a set up. No other issues since then.
- All the new recruits are now fully trained and out on the streets.
- Ellie wanted to thank the venues who have sponsored a Street pastor ? Liquid, Yates, Roast Bar. They have also been sponsored by Diageo (drink manufacturer).
- Next quiz is at The Trafalgar on Tuesday 19th July ?2 tickets in advance or ?2.50 on the door.
Wayne ? Police
- Wayne advised that since the Door staff issue has been highlighted and the video shown the number of door staff related incidents has dropped dramatically which shows this worked. There were some mixed responses to this and some venues door staff have been unprofessional and used Facebook to vent their anger. Venues advised that they found the CCTV meeting positive, it opened Managers eyes to some of the behaviour their door staff are displaying and to focus on how they operate. Wayne confirmed that he works in the way of guidance and support and people shouldn?t be afraid to speak about issues with Wayne.
- We discussed as a group how to deal with door staff who use Face book unprofessionally. Different venues say they already have policies in place and staff are aware that they are not allowed to put anything about their place of work on FB. We all confirmed that we would speak to our teams to make them aware of this.
- Crime numbers are down slightly and the seriousness of incidents has reduced. The most common thing is drugs ? the amount found has increased but this is positive as it is a direct result of venue diligence and awareness.
- Bill advised Wayne of the barrier situation and that Ricky at Roast Bar had volunteered to be responsible for them during the week.
- EDL Rally ? Wayne advised the route will incorporate Guildhall and Commercial Road but will give us more information nearer the time when they have it. There has been no intel to suggest there will be any major issues but obviously they will let us know if they get any further information.
Any other business
- Thank you to Guildhall for holding the meeting.
- There were no other issues raised by anyone present.
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY 4th AUGUST AT THE TRAFALGAR
|< Prev||Next >|