Pub watch Main Meeting - March
John - Ambulance
Neeta - PBCRP
Still working on the alcohol intervention scheme
Please make sure you log onto the PBCRP website - lots of people haven't logged on yet
Door staff briefings - still fortnightly and the new time seems to be ok
San - night time economy manager
Bollards or gates at the end of GHW - this is not happening due to the emergency services needing access. There is going to be the pavement built right out so it's wide enough just for one vehicle, it will look like its not really a road they should go down.
Portsmouth Uni - want to do some filming in GHW to do a video to attract new students. It is on a Tuesday coming up
Council stance on strip clubs - draft policy approved 24th February. 4 further consultation questions with closing date at the beginning of April. One of the questions will be about whether this policy should be placed on venues that are currently in operation. Police confirmed that there are very few incidents from these premises so they have put their input into the policy.
San will send a link round so people can put their opinions on line about this.
Elly - street pastors
Been training new recruits, another 12 have been trained over 2 weekends. Some joining the teams on the street this weekend but they have a further 6 months of training.
Both city centre and Albert road teams going well.
Funding is ongoing - if anyone is able to sponsor a street pastor please let them know. Over two years it costs ?10 a month so please speak to Elly if you want to help in any way.
Quiz is on hold for now as the quiz master has left to do training.
Police - Brian
Drugs in night time economy - needs to concentrate on this. Lots of cocaine out there and it's on the increase. New drugs policy has been sent out to venues. It relates to the powers we have on site, how to handle the drugs legally etc. Please make sure you all read and adopt the policy. Currently not seeing any knock backs for drugs, just alcohol and ID but it is out there. Venues needs to be contacting police with all drug issues.
Ensure all staff read the policy - police will be looking for evidence of this on their visits.
Drug amnesty bins is an idea in the area to try to tackle the problems.
Fast food outlets - it was noted slots that there are no representatives at the meeting. Bill emailed all of them with an invitation to join Pub Watch but has not had a response from anyone.
Minutes from last meeting - Bill will email them to Matt
Unlicensed door staff - one venue in the area has had a door man on their doors who was using someone else's licence. This person was charged with fraud. All venues need to make sure that they are checking their door staff are who they say they are and have a license.
CCTV - ensure it is only viewed by authorised people and not door staff, especially if they have been involved in the incident. This is a data protection issue and also can affect a case.
Data figures for major incidents - GHW official figures 9/10 228 incidents, next year was 182, and this year so far 154 with one month to go.
GW 9/10 66, next year 77 then this year 75 with one month to go.
The displacement of incidents from GHW could be one of the causes of this.
All levels of assault with one month to go, already 500 up on last year.
Jubilee and Olympics - please start thinking now about likely plans and events and engage with Police licensing and event planning department. Early planning will get better support.
Court case - door staff were witnesses and they didn't turn up. The offender therefore walked free. Please ensure that if they are involved and are witnesses at court, as a representative of your venue you need to make sure they attend.
Jenna brought up the fact that Managers don't always know that the door staff have been called to court - we only find out if the door staff let us know. We need to make sure they are giving us this information so we can chase them up about it.
GHW venues and action plans - list is with Wayne now. Over the next week Wayne will meet with every venue and wants to know what is happening and when with definite commitments. Make sure this is still a priority and start to sell ourselves in a positive light.
From members meeting - fast food outlets already discussed with Matt.
Also Jenna is now replacing Ricky as Treasurer.
Next meeting April 5th - Guildhall